Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Short Story

The moment that changed my life was the one knee inquiry I presented to my girlfriend of five years.  Moments before the big question, I tried to be somewhat of a gentleman and ask her father for permission.  His reply started with an "Oh no..." and ended with an "... I guess."

Bow-tying the ringbox with a bright red ribbon around my yellow lab's neck, I sent my furry friend into my girlfriend's grandparent's house, where her family gathers every Christmas morning like this one.  To my surprise, the mut actually made it through the house and to my girlfriend with the ring in one piece.  He then proceeded to meet my expectations when he violently shook the ring across the room the instant he arrived at her feet.  I'm still not sure why she said yes.

1 comment: