Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Legos as Engineering Tools

Here are a few Lego designs used as engineering models in a few of my projects / classes.  The first lego model below is a robot used in Robotics class.  Using a ridiculous serious of wires and converters, code (written in Interactive C) is downloaded to a microprocessor in the circuit board mounted onto a Lego model tracks.  The tracks are driven by gear-motors controlled by the circuit board.  As of right now, the robot can only go forward then turn right (I'm that good).


This is a model of a piping diagram used in a vapor saturation system I design for a research laboratory.  Beat that SolidWorks.

This last Lego design is gear system used to incrementally bend a planar surface with respect to its naturally bending properties, a design we may use in our senior design project.


1 comment:

  1. I found a Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam Book by David and Marie Planchard online in a P.D.F format for free at Scribd dot com. It naturally does not have any models but it is very well written and I would consider it for people new to SolidWorks. I think I march through this in a month. Then, I will need more in depth training. Anyone CSWP out there? P lease advise. Thank you..

    Solidworks

    ReplyDelete